Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Perfect Life.


Why is it that people ask: "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Are they really curious as to what your life-long ambitions in life are, or is it something people expect you to already know? Lately I've been pondering my options, but just can't seem to find a clear and concise conclusion to my life yet. I guess the truth is, nobody can find that conclusion, and that's what makes life so worth living. It's not having the perfect family, the perfect job, and the perfect life that makes life seem so worth while, it's the struggles, the ups and downs, and the strives towards success that slowly but surely bring you to your perfect life that do the trick.

One of my long time aspirations is to become an author. I'm not planning on becoming this rich and famous author who arrives from his limousine wearing only the finest, but if the opportunity arises, I may just have to pounce on it. My plans were to write a few books in my hometown, wherever that may be at the time, and to just be a small-town author living out his childhood dream. I would wake up in the morning to my favorite cup of coffee, listen to the bird quietly chirping "Hellos," and "Good mornings" on their daily commutes, breathe in the fresh air and savor every moment. Then, I would set myself down in a cushioned chair and let my thoughts explode onto the paper until a prompting idea showed. That idea would quickly transform itself into a novel, and then the process would start all over again. What a life that would be!
One of my more recent dreams is to be a lawyer. I've always treasured the thought of winning that oh so vital case, or putting up such a convincing argument that the jury had to think twice before convicting my client for the sadistic murder of his family. It's really the thought of being able to twist and manipulate someone's wording in order to exploit them that really catches my eye. I love being able to latch on to the smallest of details and elaborate upon them in ways nobody has thought of before, and to really utilize the evidence before me in order to win the case. Derrek Schrader, Attorney at Law. Eh, it needs a little fixing, but it'll have to do for now.
In the end, it truly makes no difference to me whether I'm an author, a lawyer, or any have any other occupation, just as long as I am happy. Whatever my inconclusive and unknown perfect life will bring me, I'll know that my true perfect life was the road that lead me to wherever it is that I ended up. The rest is just an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment