Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Decisions, Decisions.


The truth of the matter is, I just don't know where to begin. I could choose to bore you with my typical teenage school problems that have flushed me of all my strength for the evening, or how I hope for snow for the selfish reasons of a snow day rather than for the beauty it brings, but I guess I'll choose how happy I am with the family I was given from birth.

Isn't it funny how we always want to make our own decisions in life? Whether they be as small as what kind of bread you want on your peanut butter sandwich, or as momentous as selecting which college you'd like to attend, you always want them to be your own decision! The funny thing about this is, the biggest and most life changing decision is one you never have a say in: Your family. The family I was born into is one I probably would not have leaned towards if I had had the choice, but now that I'm here, I wouldn't have it any other way.

They always find a way to make everyday just a little bit better without even trying. Take today, for instance, my father, step-sister, and my nephews went out for a day of bulk shopping, something I rarely take part in, and I actually enjoyed myself. I usually avoid the hassle of listening to my parent's complain that they can't afford something, but today I just had a strange inkling that it would be okay. And it was. In fact, it was much better than okay, it was absolutely fantastic to spend time with my sister and my father in lights I don't necessarily spend time with them in. I feel like it has brought me closer to them, and they didn't even have to try.

I suppose it truly is the little things in life that make me smile on a bad day. They tend to cling to my thoughts like raindrops on a window long after the storm. The decisions we make on a day-to-day basis significantly impact the decisions we make the next day, and the decisions I've made today are ones that I will never regret.



No comments:

Post a Comment