Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Finally," he sighed.

Honestly, it’s been way too long. Though I doubt my calculations are accurate, I’m going to say that I’ve somewhat fallen off the face of the earth for about a year, now. What, with my school work, after school activities, and weekend job, I’ve sort of brushed writing to the side of the things that I thought were most important. Yes, I’ve been doing excellent at school, yes, I’ve been injecting myself into many after school events, and yes, I’m making my own money, but I’ve forgotten about what I love most. Sitting here, in the darkness of the earth’s shadow, I realize just how neglectful I’ve been. Sighing, I, hesitantly, pick up a pencil and begin to write.
Though I haven’t a clue where to begin. Perhaps, despite it being winter, I’ll talk about my adventurous summer! Man, it sure was jam-packed with tons of wonderful trips, outings, and love (provided by my family, of course). Out of everything I wrapped myself up in, my absolute favorite event was when my Grammie, her friend Natalie, and my two cousins Liza, and Jonnaka, wandered  through the magical gates of Story Land. We had a grand ol’ time together, reminiscing, laughing, and loving. 

It truly was an experience that I will always treasure, seeing as we’re never all together at the same time. I am so grateful that all of our unique and distinct personalities were able to shine that day, every one of us pulling something different out of it that will stay locked away in our hearts forever. I know that, for me, it was not about where we went at all, it was just about spending time with the people that I love and cherish the most in the world: My family. For all I cared, we could’ve been cooped up by the air conditioning at my Grammie’s house, fiddling with a deck of cards or flipping hastily through the channels on the television. It wouldn’t’ve mattered to me one bit.
Because my family is the one thing that I’ll never grow out of.


No comments:

Post a Comment